Wednesday 19 October 2022

author photo

Senator Kipchumba Murkomen, the Cabinet Secretary (CS) nominee for Roads, Transport and Public Works, says he is worth approximately Sh550 million. Mr. Murkomen made the revelation when he appeared before the National Assembly's Committee on Appointments for vetting on Wednesday morning. Also read: Exclusive: Nick Ndeda on why it didn’t work out with Betty Kyallo [caption id="attachment_163026" align="aligncenter" width="1320"] Senator Kipchumba Murkomen accompanied by Nyali MP Mohamed Ali and James Orengo on the main podium of the BBI rally in Mama Ngina Waterfront on Saturday. PHOTO | LABAN WALLOGA[/caption] He stated that his wealth stems from properties in Trans Nzoia, Narok, Kajiado, and Nairobi. "Mr Speaker, I'm worth an estimated Sh550 million made up of majorly properties; my house in Nairobi and another in Eldoret, three parcels of land in Trans Nzoia, a parcel of land in Narok, in Kajiado and in Nairobi apart from where I live," Murkomen said. "Cumulatively with a bit of machinery, vehicles, and also I own a wheelbarrow," he added. Also read: Exclusive: How Alikiba’s efforts to reconcile with his wife hit a brick wall [caption id="attachment_127485" align="aligncenter" width="524"] Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen with the World Cup final referee Nestor Pitana.[/caption] Mr Murkomen was first to appear for vetting on the third day. He said that he also practices law under the firm of SMS LLP Advocates, which is one of the primary sources of income. "Of course, I've been earning a salary from my job as Elgeyo Marakwet Senator, and I also earn a bit from farming. So far, 10 Cabinet nominees have been vetted. During a special thanksgiving service earlier this month which Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua attended, Mr. Murkomen said he is humbled to be considered for the position in the key ministry in the country. Also read: Exclusive: TikTok queen Mimo Karanja on what makes her stand out [caption id="attachment_124847" align="aligncenter" width="524"]Senate Majority Leader and Senator for Elgeyo Marakwet county Kipchumba Murkomen. PHOTO | NATION Senate Majority Leader and Senator for Elgeyo Marakwet county Kipchumba Murkomen. PHOTO | NATION[/caption] He thanked President William Ruto and DP Gachagua for believing in him as the following roads CS. "I want to thank you DP and the President for believing in me and giving me this opportunity to serve Kenyans. I have been in Senate for a while but you saw it fit I serve the country in this capacity. I want to say a big thank you," Mr. Murkomen said. "Be prepared to be my mentors on executive issues as you were in the legislature. I will be willing to learn," he added. Also read our top stories today: Exclusive: Sarah Kabu on ‘shaped’ and ‘flat’ backsides Exclusive: Inside the spellbinding relationship between Nameless and daughter, Tumiso Exclusive! I’m still married to Anerlisa Muigai – Ben Pol denies divorce is finalised
your advertise here

This post have 0 komentar


EmoticonEmoticon

Next article Next Post
Previous article Previous Post

Advertisement

Themeindie.com